Harry Maguire breaks his silence on conviction for brawl in Greece

535
Published on August 28, 2020 by

The Manchester United and England defender Harry Maguire has spoken for the first time about the brawl last week on the Greek island of Mykonos which saw him convicted of assault and attempted bribery. In an exclusive interview with the BBC, he says he didn’t believe the men involved were police, feared for his life and thought he was being kidnapped. He denies offering money to get himself out of jail. The Manchester United captain says he has nothing to apologise for but he does regret being in the situation and putting his club and fans through all this. Sophie Raworth presents this report by our Sports Editor, Dan Roan.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Category Tag
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments